Expert Database and National Researcher Network
- Quickly and conveniently provide information about expert to peers, prospective collaborators, funding agencies policy makers and research scholar in the country
- Identify peer reviewers for articles and research proposal
- Discover prospective collaborators for on-going research projects
- Establish communication directly with the experts who possess the expertise needed by users
- To create information exchanges and networking opportunities among scientists
- Indian Research Information Network System (IRINS) (https://irins.org/irins/)
- IRINS is a web-based Research Information Management (RIM) service developed by the Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre in collaboration with the Central University of Punjab. The portal facilitates the academic, R&D organisations and faculty members, scientists to collect, curate and showcase the scholarly communication activities and provide an opportunity to create the scholarly network. The IRINS is available as free software-as-service to the academic and R&D organisations in India.
- The IRINS would support the integration of the existing research management system such as HR system, course management, grant management system, institutional repository, open and commercial citation databases, scholarly publishers, etc. It has integrated with academic identity such as ORCID ID, ScopusID, Research ID, Microsoft Academic ID, Google Scholar ID for ingesting the scholarly publication from various sources.
- Vidwan Database (https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/)
- VIDWAN is the premier database of profiles of scientists / researchers and other faculty members working at leading academic institutions and other R & D organisations involved in teaching and research in India. It provides important information about an expert's background, contact address, experience, scholarly publications, skills and accomplishments, researcher identity, etc. The database was developed and maintained by the Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) with financial support from the National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT). The database would be instrumental in selection of panels of experts for various committees, taskforce, established by the Ministries / Govt. establishments for monitoring and evaluation purposes.